Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Funny quirks...

Caiden and Paige are both in such funny phases right now and I don't want to forget some of the things they do, so I thought I'd write a little about each of their funny quirks....Here goes...

Caiden:

- Anyone who knows Caiden well, knows that 90% of the time he lives in Movie Land. (That is what Casey and I have nicknamed it. Whenever he says something that doesn't make sense, we just shrug and say "he must be in movie land again.")

- Everyday (and I mean EVERYDAY) when Caiden is playing (whether it's transformers or ninjas or spiderman or whatever) he literally takes on that character. If I ask him to do something he'll say "I'm not Caiden, I"m Optimus Prime" or "I'm Peter Parker" and for the rest of the day he wants to be called by that name. Then, I have to be someone else too. Often I will hear him calling "Donatello!! Donatello!!" and then I realize oh yeah, that's me today. Then, if that is not enough, he likes to be reassured that you haven't forgotten who you are. So he'll say "Mom, you're Donatello, right mom? Right mom? Right?! RIGHT?! And this goes on ALL DAY. It's exhausting at times, but I can't help but be amazed at his imagination. It is never ending!!

- Caiden is in preschool right now 3 days a week and he loves it! He loves to come home and show me what he has made and tell me everything that happened that day. I always know who the snack helper was and who the line leader was and so on. He even tells me who had to sit in the "quiet" chair that day. It is so funny. I love to see how much he is learning and growing. Just in these past few months he has learned to write really good. He can do his name really good now, and sometimes he trys to write my name or Paige's name too. It's pretty cute. And he LOVES to draw and color all the time too.


Paige:

- Paige has this HILARIOUS new dance move. I keep trying to capture it on video so I can play it for everyone and start a new trend! I call it the Gorilla Dance. She starts out by getting into a full squat and then she flings her arms side-to-side (as though they are not attached to her body) really fast. There have been a few times where I've been in my room and all of sudden Paige will run in, squat, fling her arms like crazy, and then run out. It is SO FUNNY! I die laughing!

- Most people that know Paige well, knows that she LOVES kitties. Quite often, she will act like she is one. Sometimes when I am working on the computer I will hear a squeaky "meow, meow, meow" only to find Paige behind me on all fours meowing. Caiden would agree that she is like a cat in that she scratches when she is angry (although, sometimes she scratches when she is happy too).

- Paige also has these Strawberry Shortcake sunglasses that are pink and the eyes are the shapes of big giant strawberries. She LOVES to wear them. The funny thing about them is that the lens have been popped out and who knows where they are. Paige doesn't care. She wears them all over the house. Sometimes she insists on taking them out in public, and I have to admit, sometimes it's easier to just let her wear them than fight her on it, even despite the odd stares I get from people.

7 comments:

The Faller's! said...

I want to see a picture of page with the glasses on! What funny kids! They must take after their crazy mom! =)

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Hey Kelly,
I didn't know you had a blog. Ours is private so if you email me at samanthaross05@gmail.com I will send you an invite!! Cute blog. How fun to catch up on your family!!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

So I saw Shayla on your list. Is she in your ward? She probaby doesn't remember me, but her half brother married my niece.

The Gang said...

I always knew I wanted to be a mom but I didn't think I would laugh so much. Isn't it fun to look at your kids and laugh (in a nice way) and see how they are getting smarter. So the reason I decided to potty train Kaylin was because of feeling guilty after our conversation at the church dinner. Guess I shouldn't have felt guilty. :)

Kaydee said...

Such cute kids!! I totally want to see this dance paige has going on hahah he sounds hilarious and the glasses. I love when kids have such good imaginations and really think they are something else. Fun Fun!!!

Unknown said...

oh I love it! I cant wait for Maddax to hit that stage, I am finding he is getting funner and funner each day :)

I have to see the Gorilla Dance, get super sneaky Kelley!

Bethany said...

Your kids are funny!! I love it. Paige and Roman have the dancing thing in common. His moves are more ninja and less gorilla though. He mostly punches the air and bobs his head. Maybe they can go to the prom together is 15 years and they'll be the dancing stars of the night.