Monday, December 1, 2008

A Happy Thanksgiving...

We had a very happy Thanksgiving this year. We spent the holiday with Casey's family and dinner was DELICIOUS as it always is. It was fun to visit with Casey's grandparents who we haven't seen for a while. Before dinner, Papa Gubler had put together a Treasure Hunt for the kids. (Caiden had been looking forward to this for weeks!) He hid clues all over outside and Caiden and his cousin, Keenen, ran from place to place to get the next clue. Paige tried real hard to keep up. It was pretty cold outside (and since I HATE being cold, I only got a few pictures of them running around before I went running back inside).







The last clue led to a "treasure" buried under ground. The boys were supposed to do the digging but I think Papa ended up doing most of it.


And sure enough there was gold and silver coins deep in the earth. Well, ok, it was gold and silver chocolate money, but isn't that the best kind of money?




Not only did they score with some chocolate money, but a cool toy for each! A transformer (of course) for Caiden, and a Dora toy with a pony for Paige. All-in-all a very happy Thanksgiving indeed.


4 comments:

Kaydee said...

How fun!!! I love treasure hunts!! Glad you guys had a good thanksgiving!!

The Gang said...

Cute idea! I love the picture of Paige on the basket. She looks pretty grown up! I had to change our blog address because I made an oops. I wrote Kaylins full name and her parents could find us through google. So our new address is nottheonlyredfords.blogspot.com
Won't be doin that again. :) Kim

Shaila Lou said...

That is so sweet...a treasure hunt! I actually saw all the troops walk by at one point during the day. What a good little Papa!!

The Colson's said...

Hey Friend...I need your address for our 1st annual Christmas card! Fun times!! Email me, or just leave it on the blog!

THANKS!! J