Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm a cow....

So, my kids have been struggling with the concept of nursing.  And my explanations have been quite vague.  I've tried to explain it as appropiately as possible, but I just can't bring myself to say the necessary words that would explain how it works.  Do they need to know the details?  I don't really think so. 

Caiden has quit asking questions but not Paige.  So on the way to school yesterday Paige says:
"Mom, how you feed the baby I guess you don't have a bottle?  (Oh, I should mention that for some reason Paige always says "I guess" in place of "if".  It's something we're working on...)

So I'm contemplating on how to properly answer (and it's 8:30 in the morning, and I'm tired and apparently my brain was taking too long)  and Caiden pipes in:

"Mom....is like a cow, Paige.  And Preston....he's like....her baby cow."  (very matter of factly)

And Paige replies "Oooooohhhhhh."  As if that clears it all up. 

And we haven't had any questions since.  So....I'm a cow.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Oh that is hilarious!!!! And Preston is so stinkin' cute!!! Congratulations you two.

The Gang said...

To funny! You should have just said that in the first place I guess. :) When Jayda was in the hospital for those couple weeks after she was born she had to eat through a feeding tube so I was pumping all the time and I told my mom I felt like a cow. So the next day mom had flowers delivered with a cow right in the middle. I still have it. Nothing wrong with being a cow!