Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The stats are in....

Has it already been a year??? I swear just yesterday I was big and fat and miserably pregnant making myself a castor oil cocktail to get this guy here.  And now he's ONE?!  Wow.  I just took him in for his one year appointment and poor thing got himself 6 pokes!  4 shots and one blood draw (which turned into 2).  But here are his stats....

At one years old Preston.... 
 - weighs 20.5 lbs (25th percentile)
 - 29 inches tall (25th percentile)
 - head cirmcumference - can't remember, but in the 75th percentile :)
 - has 12 teeth (yes twelve! Paige actually beat him with 16 teeth at one years old)  
 - is almost walking!  I'm certain we'll get there in the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed!)
 - is still doing the funny one legged crawl (I like to call it The Hobble)
 - is pretty much into everything
 - has been sleeping all night for the past 7 months (duh. He's my baby.  My babies sleep...or else :) 
 - loves ALL food.  Seriously can't think of ONE thing he's ever refused.
 - has the most sensitive skin EVER
 - has the cutest smile and laugh EVER
 - can say "Mama" "Ni' Ni'" "Dada" and "Nana" (does he know what he's saying? Not as sure)
 - is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really precious
 - oh, and one other thing that is so funny to watch is how delicate he is when he picks up things.  He uses his thumb and pointer finger and is so CAREFUL when he grabs it.  The other night we had peas with dinner and he picked up each and every pea individually without squishing one!  He's going to be a world renowned surgeon, I just know it!

I didn't exactly throw a big celebration (as in a party) for him.  BUT, I did sing "happy birthday" to him several times throughout the day.  Oh and I gave him a package of new onesies...AND a new sippy cup.  Exciting?  I think I made up for it by going ALL OUT with this most fabulous and beautiful CAR cake that I made all by myself, albeit a "clunker" and not so much Lightning McQueen which was the plan.  (And it's RED not PINK, got it??)  Either way, Caiden thinks I'm THE best cake maker ever and thinks I should go on the show Cake Boss.  Thanks bud. 




Grandma and Grandpa Gubler came over and gave him this GREAT present.  As you can see he was a happy camper!


Then it was time for cake, and I so was hoping that I'd have a baby that dives into the cake and makes a terrible mess.  Preston did a pretty good job. The thing with him is he really liked the cake so much he actually succeeded in getting most of it in his mouth with not as much left to make a mess with.  It really only took a few seconds for him to eat his entire piece.  This boy can eat!



Happy Birthday! We love you Preston (aka Booga Man, Boogie, Boogz, and Boogzie)!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute! Would that be weird if all my kids married all your kids? Cause I'm ok with it.