Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Super-BARF!

I will not likely ever forget Super Bowl 2012. Not because of the game, or who played (who did play?) or the yummy food and snacks.  No not because of those things, but because of my sweet Paige.

We started the morning off by attending Stake Conference.  The kids were excited because Grandma and Grandpa were in our building, so of course they sat with them.  Paige would occasionally come back and sit with Casey and I.  About the 3rd time, she came back and sat with us and Casey noticed she had a "weird" look on her face.  He asked if she was okay and she said she had a tummy ache.  Then precisely 5 seconds later, she threw up all over the floor.  All over.  All over herself.  All over Casey's shoes.  All over.  Seriously, it just kept coming.   And by the way, it was the most frightening shade of green you can imagine.

So I grabbed her, cupped my hands to her mouth (as it was still coming) and RAN her outta there, all the while barfing in my hands and down the sleeves of my shirt.  We make it in the bathroom, and yep, it's still coming.  So I told her to stay there, as I quickly grabbed a handful of paper towels and raced back in there to  clean it up, smelling like BARF itself as my sleeves were filled with it.  Awesome feeling by the way.   Didn't have enough, had to go back for more.  People are staring.  Probably feeling nauseous themselves.  When I came back, someone was there with a mop...thankfully.  By the way, where is my husband?? I don't know.

So needless to say, we leave.  Poor Paige was white as a ghost and slightly embarrassed.  It's a good thing mom's love their kids so much, because this is the second time she's barfed in my hands and down my sleeves.  And I'll bet probably not the last.  I know it's part of being a mom, yada, yada, yada.  But's its still gross, and definitely not my favorite part.  Luckily, she is feeling all better and no incidents followed.

So our Super Bowl day was more like a Super BARF day and needless to say our plans to hang out with friends was cancelled.  But Caiden took it upon himself to make sure we still had snacks and made a lovely sign too.  He's so great :)

 

2 comments:

Whitney said...

That is a great story!!! So funny!!! I love the Super bull sign too!!! And that is the best snack tray I have ever seen. Such a cute kid!!!

just a mom with a camera said...

so, so funny! i'm still laughing! but only because it wasn't my kid! and the sign and snack tray are awsome! way to go caiden.