Thursday, August 13, 2009

Little entreprenuers

Caiden and Paige decided to host their first lemonade stand a few days ago and it was pretty darn cute. (Except for one MAJOR tantrum when Caiden thought Paige was stealing all the money. After a little time in time-out and me assuring him REPEATEDLY that Paige was not STEALING the money, just HOLDING the money, he returned. ) But aside from that, they had a great time and I got a kick out of watching them. Even though it was I who made the cookies, made the lemonade, set up the stand, created the sign, poured the lemonade, handed out the cookies, and cleaned it all up, it was still fun. Caiden had quite the song and dance going for the cars passing by. In the end they made a whoping $9, not the $30 that Caiden set out to make, but still more than the $2 or $3 I imagined. I'm thinking the 8 people who bought from them (including dad) must have thought they were pretty cute because most of that $9 was in tips. Paige was in charge of the selling the cookies, "you wanna a tookie?" and Caiden handing out the lemonade. He sometimes got ahead of himself and just handed the people a cup full of ice, forgetting all about the lemonade. Good thing I was around to help.....

2 comments:

The Gang said...

Holy Cow 9 bucks! I might have to borrow your sign. If my kids don't bring in the big bucks can I borrow your cute kids too?! :)

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

How cute!! I love that kids still do good old fashion lemonade stands today!!