Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer 2009: Part II

The Aquatic Center!! We spent ALOT of time at the pool this summer. Probably about 2-3 times a week we would come. I would pack lunches and Caiden and Paige loved playing with their friends and I enjoyed chatting with mine. It's a rough life to live, but hey, someone's gotta do it, right?


Caiden and some of his best buds, Ian and Adam...

At the beginning of the summer Paige just about drove me crazy. She did not want to swim or play in the sand, just eat....THE ENTIRE TIME. The pool opens at 11 and by 11:15 she was done with her lunch and trying to eat Caiden's. No matter how I tried to hide the food, she would find it as soon as my back was turned. Little stinker. But by the end of the summer, she discovered swimming and playing in sand and also her new best friend Adam.



Paige eating again...

Paige and Adam in the sprinklers...I love how they are covering their eyes...so cute!

Caiden and Ian LOVED the lazy river. Caiden is just barely tall enough to see over the tube, which works well when he is trying to hide from me when it I tell him it's time to get out. Here's a funny story. Today we were at the pool and it was time to go and I was telling them to stop at the unloading part (you kinda have to walk yourself off to the side) and they both kept saying "we don't know how to get out. we can't remember." Yeah, sure. So then they would get to the unloading part and "accidentally" miss it. They went around 2 more times and I was starting to lose my patience. Caiden kept saying "mom, we can't remember how to do it!" So I said "well, maybe when we get home I won't 'remember' how to turn on the wii." Slight pause. Then he said "well, actually, I think I can figure it out this time." And that was that.

This is Caiden at his Level 2 swim lessons this year. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the teacher he got, but he did good anyhow. He achieved diving for the torpedos....

...the back float....
...and jumping off the diving board both frontwards and backwards...


My brother and his family came to visit a couple of weeks ago and Casey and my brother both tried the waverider. The wipeout shots are my favorite... (especially Casey's)




I love this shot of all 5 kids. They are so cute!

And this one too. This is at home while they all played with play dough. I love Lauren and Paige's faces the most. Hilarious! Caiden had to be cool and mellow just like his cousin Tanner of course.

2 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

Looks like a fun summer.

The Faller's! said...

oh my gosh derick and i died laughing at your funny story about caiden and the lazy river. what a funny kid! hope you guys are doing good.