Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rough Raiders

We finished Fall Kinder-Soccer last week. Caiden was on team Rough Raiders. Don't they sound intimidating? He had a lot of fun with the boys on his team - John, Jackson, Tell, Ian, and Kade - and loved his coach! And he made 3 goals for the season! Well, one was technically in the other teams goal....but still, way to go Caiden! We've come a long way from standing in the middle of the field watching everyone run back and forth.



This picture is blurry, but it is the only one I had of him scoring a goal. The first goal happened on the first game and of course I forgot my camera that day. Casey was late, as he usually has been for Caiden's entire soccer career. I suppose he was working, but still I like to give him a hard time. Anyway, Caiden was soooo excited and immediately after he made the goal he looked at me (I was cheering pretty loud) with the biggest smile on his face and the first thing out of his mouth was "Where's dad?". Oh, the heartbreak. So once Casey made it to the game, I informed him that he was officially the dead beat dad who missed out on his son's first ever goal.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Way to go Caiden! I loved going to fun soccer games! It was so awesome!