Friday, January 1, 2010

Leah's baptism....and a Happy New Year!

A few days after Christmas, me and the kids drove over to Montana to be at their cousin, Leah's, baptism. I am glad they invited us to this special event....

I love how Paige has moved on from the silly-face pose to the pinching-her-own-cheek pose now in every picture....
We drove home on New Years Eve and had planned to hang out with friends that night, but Caiden decided to throw up all the way home. (That was real fun). I'm not sure if it was car sickness (which he has gotten on occasion) or what Paige had. Either way, no one really wanted to hang out with us with a possibly sick child. Understandably so. However, they were adament that they wanted to stay up till midnight to scream "Happy New Year" but after a long drive (with the wonderful aroma of throw up) and 2 fighting children, I was D.O.N.E. So at 8 pm I convinced the kids that it was midnight and they stood on the front porch and screamed "Happy New Year" to the neighborhood and then I put them to bed and enjoyed a quiet evening with my husband. Yes, that may have been cruel, but it may be the last time I can take advantage of them not knowing how to tell time AND it is better that we ring in the new year without me strangling my 2 children, right? I think so too.

No comments: