Saturday, April 24, 2010

Easter

I really flopped on Easter this year.  We were traveling home from Snowbird the day before Easter and didn't get home till very late that night.  So there was no egg coloring, no shopping for new Easter dresses, and no hiding the treats around the house with rhyming clues (as my mom faithfully did every year when I was kid).  And yes mom, I know you often stayed up into the wee morning hours making up the rhymes and hiding the clues, but you know how I don't function properly when I'm real tired.  Instead, my kids woke up to a small present (at least I managed to get this done before we left town - 1 point for me) placed on the couch and all the Easter candy thrown all over the couch cushions.  And I didn't even get a picture of it or the kids reaction.  (Shame on me! - I think I just lost my one point).  BUT....on the flip side, did they notice?  Nope.  Were they ecstatic over their presents?  Yep.  Were they thrilled to have candy, regardless if it was strewn about?  Yep.  So there.  In my book, (or blog, if you will) it was a success!  Oh wait.  I did take the time to explain why we celebrate Easter and with much effort and practice Caiden can finally and correctly pronounce the word "resurrection".  (I think I can get my point back).  AND I would have hosted my own Easter egg hunt in the backyard, but Grandma Gubler graciously offered to have it at her house.  I did manage to get pictures of that.  Enjoy.


No comments: