Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lots of Randoms....

First off....Books!  Caiden's reading has just taken off in the last couple of months.  He loves books and he's now read cover to cover "Green Eggs & Ham", "Hop on Pop", and "The Cat in the Hat".  (We love Dr. Suess, can you tell?)  He came home from school one day and very excitedly said "Mom, we got to read like bosses today!"..."Bosses??"...."Yeah, you know...with our feet up on the desk."  Love it!  And love Mrs. Nash for making reading so fun!

So lately, Caiden has been noticing that the books I read are "fat" books and he says he wants to read "fat" books.  I told him next year maybe (or maybe the next) he might be ready to start Harry Potter.  He was very excited at this thought!  But for now, he just likes to pretend he's reading "fat" books.  And I just had laugh when I saw this Sunday afternoon....

...of all books, he picked "Lord of the Rings" which I have to admit that I couldn't even get through.  It's not the easiest of reads on my book shelf.  But Caiden has inspired me to attempt to get through the trilogy as soon as I'm done with the next 15 books in line I have waiting :)  Anyway, I'm just so glad he has a love for reading I hope it lasts!

And speaking of reading, this is another one of his favorite things to do, although I don't think there is much reading going on as there is wishing.  We get these lego magazines in the mail every so often and they are filled with amazing lego sets that cost about $200 (yeah, right!)  But a kid can dream....


And lately, this little guy has days where he is so eager to help me around the house.  What?  Yes, it's not often but I take advantage of it to the fullest extent! 


Now on to Paige....


I have a store that I go to where I sell my old clothes and the kids old toys and what not and once in a blue moon I find some half-decent clothes for the kids.  I found this dress for Paige (it's a little big) but she FELL.IN.LOVE.  It was so funny.  I've never seen her so excited to go to church!  And she couldn't stop talking about her new dress.  Casey told her she needed to blow her nose and her reply was "I know. But I just really like my dress."

Crazy kids!

3 comments:

The Gang said...

Your kids are pretty funny Kelley. Cute and funny, you better keep your eye on them!

The Colson's said...

Now Kel...you say that I'm geeky...Lord of the Rings???
I am so excited for Caiden and his new LOVE for reading...that is music to a teachers ears! If you ever need any fun stories for him, let me know!! I think I've read them all!!!!!!
PS I tried to read LOTR (Lord of the Rings) and couldn't get through it either...let me know if you do and i'll give it a shot again!!!!

michele said...

Oh I love to see that excitement about reading!! YAY! Your kids are soo cute!!