Monday, March 21, 2011

Bon Jovi....again!

What do you do when you are planning a trip and you find out that your good friend Jon Bon Jovi (remember how he practically loves me) is performing in that exact same city, only a week before your scheduled trip????  Leave your husband with the kids and buy tickets of course! 

First I must say that my husband rocks.  He puts up with my craziness (and that of my sister as well) when we spontaneously decide we need a girls trip...and to see Jon again.  Now I didn't leave all the kids with him, just Caiden, as we were already pulling him out of school for a week for our annual Snowbird trip.  I felt it would be irresponsible of me to have him miss another week of school.  And since I'm the picture of responsibilty itself, I took Paige and Preston with me.  You know, priorities.  Casey wasn't exactly happy about this plan, nor did he share my excitement (in any way, shape, or form), but he went along (if a bit begrudgingly) and didn't try to tell me no.  Mostly because it is highly unlikely I would listen :) but also because he rocks.  Plus, I told him he would have a fabulous time bonding with his oldest son, just the boys.  AND it was obvious I needed to get away as I was starting to lose my mind after having just gotten over the RSV fiasco with Preston and adjusting to life with 3 kids.  Seriously, I had a MAJOR crazy-full-on-lost-my-mind (and memory) moment...and it was clear I needed a break.  (It's actually a funny story, maybe I will share it sometime, if I get over my embarassment first :)

But on to more important matters....the concert itself.  We had a blast!!!  It was so fun and they put on such a great show.


And check out how great our seats were!  I'm pretty sure he spotted us....and was happy we were there.




Unfortunately, we did not get to stalk meet him after the show.  I had 2 children I needed to pick up and get to bed.  That's just me, being all responsible.  Like I said, priorities.   

1 comment:

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

You and Kim are so cute in your matching outfits! I'm sure everyone thought you were twins. Way to go on catching up on the blog. I am SO behind it's not even funny. I wish I could have been at Kim's shower. I'm so excited for her! Make her start a blog for this baby!