Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SURPRISE Baby Shower!

Another reason I needed/wanted to leave early for our trip to Utah was because me and my mom were covertly trying to plan a surprise baby shower for my sister, who is pregnant with her first baby.  It's hard for us all to get together at the same time, so I figured why not during our Snowbird week, when everyone's already there.  It was so fun being sneaky and planning it all the while staying at her house.  I was so worried she was going to find out....but we pulled it off magnificently!

We disguised it by having a girls shopping day down in Salt Lake (which is a very normal thing - no suspicions there) and having lunch at Olive Garden, where everyone would be waiting when we arrived. It was fabulous! Except for the hostess guy who nearly ruined it when he said to us "Are you here for the baby shower?" and my sister-in-law fiercely whispered "Shut up!!!!!" But then they led us to the back where everyone (cousins, aunts, a couple friends from college) were waiting. She was so confused! And surprised! I'm so mad I didn't get a picture of her face.

fun times....

good food.....

and lots of presents!

Oh, and I pulled out my Kelley-crafty skills and made this beautiful diaper cake.  I'm impressed, at least.  And it matches the baby's room (which is all done in pink and black and white paisley).  So adorable.  I can't wait to see this baby already!

No comments: