Saturday, January 3, 2009

Casey turns 30!!

Casey celebrated his 30th birthday on the 22nd. We were in Colorado at my parents house for the holidays. He, of course, spent the day snowboarding (which is a tradition every year for him) with my brother at Wolf Creek. I did not go with him because 1) I can't keep up with him on his snowboard or my brother at all and 2) it was BITTER cold. So while he was gone we wrapped presents, bought a cake, and Caiden, Paige, Tanner, Maddie, and Lauren made "Happy Birthday" signs to put around the house....
(Isn't it amazing that after 30 years of life he still can't manage to keep his eyes open in a picture? I love ya, babe, but seriously, open your eyes!)

He had lots of help blowing out the candles....

I tried to get a shot of my magnificent wrapping job. It's about 3 different patterns of wrapping paper. That's when you know you got a good present!

Happy Snowboarding! (thanks Becky!) Well, I was a bit of a dummy and didn't realize that bindings for a snowboard can be screwed right on, instead of being mounted like skis. So I didn't bother to give him the board early since I figured he would have to take it to a shop anyway. When he opened it and I saw otherwise, I felt bad that he snowboarded all day on his old beat up snowboard. Whoops! Sorry! At least he has a whole season left....

Here are the kids coloring the "Happy Birthday" posters....what artwork!



2 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

Happy Big 30 Casey! I love that he still has all his hobbies. Matt's are long gone and sometimes I wish he would get out and do something active! Ha! Looks like a fun day for all.

Anika said...

wow, Kelley, thanks for teaching me something about snowboards.....I had no idea, I woulda done the same thing you did!!

It sounds (and looks) like you had a great holiday!