Friday, January 9, 2009

Does this count?

So does this count as sitting on the potty? I walked in the room to find Paige watching TV while sitting on her Dora potty seat. Seriously, what prompted her little mind to think "I'm gonna go get my potty chair and sit on it and watch TV"?

I have been telling myself that I would start trying to potty train her after the holidays. Well, now the holidays are over and I've not done a thing. I completely DREAD potty training and she gets very upset just talking about it. For Christmas, my mom bought her a "Elmo Potty Time" DVD and even though she absolutely LOVES Elmo, she will have NOTHING to do with that DVD. I try to get her to watch it and she refuses. Well, at least the potty chair is getting some use....



4 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

Oh that's hilarious. Both my boys didn't potty train until after they turned three, when THEY were ready. Then it was quick easy with few accidents and no bed wetting in no time. I hated that they were "older", but so far that's what's worked for us!

The Faller's! said...

totally counts! don't worry...we didn't have any bites on our house either. the first people that came and looked at it were the ones who put in an offer and bought it. we were shocked but are sooooo excited! good luck! we are looking in herriman/riverton area (southwest of my parents house). keep your fingers crossed for us that we find something SOON!

Bethany said...

Looks comfy :) She reminds me so much of Roman. He gets very nervous everytime I mention the potty, so I've just stopped talking about it. He'll be one of those kids in sunbeams that's still in diapers...seriously.

Church Fam said...

Oh the joys of potty training. Good luck. Love finding your blog. Christmas looked so fun. gotta love the pearts.