Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kindergarten?!


I can't believe I officially have a child in kindergarten. It's just nuts. I am proud to say that I did very well. No crying, but a little bit of anxiety for Caiden to be at a big school with big mean 5th graders (yikes!), even though he had no anxiety whatsoever. At 7:50 this morning he climbed into my bed and said "Mom, is it time to go yet?" "Not for another hour." "Ugh! But I'm all dressed and I ate a banana and I brushed my teeth and I didn't even get any toothpaste on my shirt!" (all said at top speed). I had to laugh at that. Then when I picked him up he kept saying "Kindergarten's fun!" So I feel relieved that he loves it and that he has a really awesome teacher too. Next Tuesday Paige starts preschool and she is more than excited. Hmmm....what will I do for 4 hrs a week with no children???? Probably just run errands.

5 comments:

Anika said...

So cute, I'm glad it was too traumatic. Kindergarten feels like a lifetime away for me........but it's really just a blink, huh?

The Gang said...

Hate to tell you it doesn't get easier next year. So who's Caiden's teacher and where is Paige going?

Alyson said...

That's so funny, I saw the school bus come through our neighborhood and I though to myself that Jacen was going to be doing that sometime soon (as in not really soon, but everything goes faster when you have a kid kind of soon). Then I found myself feeling like I might cry but I snapped out of it by reminding myself he's only 17 months old. lol! I'm not sure how I'll handle that when it comes my way, but I hope he shows the enthusiasm that Caiden did!!!

Bethany said...

He looks so cute with his little transformers backpack. What a big boy. I'm proud of him that he didn't get any toothpaste on his shirt. I'm still not a 100% on that one.

Traci said...

so cute! I love your blog...and your pics are totally cute with personality! It was too much fun at the park today, thanks again for the invite!