Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer 2012: Paige Conquers All

I just have to give a shout out to my Paige!  This summer she conquered so many of her fears - one after another.  They might not be fears for most kids, but for Paige (who takes after her mama) they are.

First, she completely taught herself how to ride her bike.  Casey and I tried and tried to help her, but she refused (and by refused I mean lept off her bike screaming and running from our very touch, of course).  She insisted on doing it herself, and one day...she did just that!

Second,...KNEEBOARDING!  What the?!?!  Out of the clear blue sky I tell ya, she just decided she wanted to kneeboard!  We were out on the boat while my parents and niece were visiting and Casey says "Who wants to kneeboard?"  Paige volunteered (first, might I add!).  We all kinda looked at each other...and she got out in the water and off we went.  For a LONG time too. Unbelieveable.

Next,...SWIMMING!  More specifically, head-under-the-water-no-floaty swimming!  I've been trying and trying to convince her to put her head under water for years it feels like.  Then one day at the pool...she just started doing it!  So excited was she!  Plus, while on our Seattle trip, she jumped - JUMPED - in the pool. She's even swimming (again, taught herself - Casey and I were not allowed to touch her) and has agreed, no make that she's EXCITED to take swim lessons this fall.

Love that once she decides to do something, not only does she do it, but insists on figuring it out all by herself :)

We also went to Silverwood this summer and she shocked me by going on big waterslides and even a big ferris wheel.

AND my favorite...guess who's not afraid of the ice maker and automatic flushing toilets anymore???  You guessed it - PAIGE!  I just knew this day would come :)

Such a proud mama :)

No comments: