Saturday, June 5, 2010

F.O.U.R.

My little girl is FOUR!  Oh my!  We celebrated Paige's birthday a few days early since we would be in Lake Powell on the day of her birthday (that post is yet to come:).  We just had a small party with Grandma and Grandpa Gubler and Aunt Kimmy was here visiting too.  With all the craziness going on, there just wasn't much time for a party, but....I still came through with decorating the house with streamers and balloons and what not and I sort of had this crazy idea to actually attempt to make a cake - not just plain ole cake in a plain ole cake pan - but a REALLY cool cake, like in the shape of something.  My sister thought I was crazy, but I started to google around and found a cake that I thought I could manage - and HOLY COW!!!!  I AM AMAZING!!  Check out my Paige's super awesome butterfly cake!! 


Seriously, people do you see that?!?!?  Can you believe I actually did that?????  (Now, for all you fabulous and talented cake decorators who might be reading this please don't rain on my parade.  In fact, I prefer not to hear your comments all together :)  And the best part was when I was making it and Caiden and Paige were my audience and Caiden kept saying "Wow, Mom! That is the best cake ever!"  "Oh my gosh, Mom!  You are the best cake maker ever!"  "That cake is so cool mom!"  I know!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Except now, Caiden has big plans for his birthday cake, and I'm a little nervous).

Okay, back to the matter at hand - Paige is four!  My sweet, teeny, tiny, petite little girl is four!  Casey and I bought her her first bike with training wheels - and not just any bike - a BARBIE bike, complete with streamers, a bell, a basket, AND a mini-bike that you're Barbie can ride with you.  I couldn't pass this one up and she LOVED it.  I gave this to her when she woke up (that explains the jammies) and since it was raining outside, she rode it up and down the hallway all day.


Then later that night we opened the rest of her presents.  Caiden was struggling a bit with her getting all these presents. "It's not fair."  And so he convinced Paige to let him "hand" the presents to her and if she couldn't open it he would "help" her.  It basically drove me crazy, but I have to remind myself, he's only 6. 




Paige is big into dress-up right now and just starting to get into Barbies too - so what better than matching dresses for you and you're Barbie?


And then it was time for cake, and to be honest it was a bit hard for me to cut up my masterpiece.


So in honor of Paige, here are some things that describe you at age 4:

* you LOVE, LOVE your baby dolls and are always tucking them in their beds and pushing them around in your stroller
* you also LOVE your big brother and can have just as much fun with legos as with your dolls.  (And sometimes he makes you angry and I see a small little violent streak come out in you :)
* you LOVE the color pink - actually "obsessed" might be a better word
* you are SO, SO shy!  Not at home - in fact, you are very loud at home, but in public and around strangers you are terrifyingly shy.
* you prefer to play with boys than girls - maybe that's just cause there aren't many girls around your age
* you are a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE eater and it makes me so crazy!  All you want to do is snack all day and when it comes to meals, I want to pull my hair out - but I still LOVE you.
* you are very afraid of bugs, but surprisingly not dogs, which makes me wonder how you are related to me.
* you are also afraid of automatic flushing toilets and there aren't too many things that make me laugh harder
than watching you panic that the toilet is going "flush you".  Seriously, so funny.
* all your "l's" come out as "w's".  We love to hear you say "Lauren loves lollipops."  It never gets old.
* you LOVE to watch movies - ALL DAY - and it makes mom a little crazy too.
* you LOVE Max & Ruby, Hello Kitty, Tom & Jerry, & Bolt - yes, you're very random.
* you refuse daddy kisses if he has "whiskers"
* you LOVE to play with daddy's Ipod and it is shocking how good you are at it.
* you are just so FUNNY and SWEET and I never want you to get big!

And one more time, just in case you forgot, I did this......for you Paige.

AMAZING!

4 comments:

The Colson's said...

Kel...you ARE amazing! I'm so proud of you and your new cake making skills!! Happy Birthday to Paige! She is the cutest and exactly like you!!!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

That cake is awesome!!! I am super impressed. I like your comment for master cake decorators to keep quiet. Last year I attempted like you to make a really fun cake and I was all proud, showed my friend and she proceeded to tell me wow cool "I make cakes for people like wedding cakes and stuff!" Yeah that shot my pride down real fast!!! So way to go on this cake I love it!!

The Gang said...

YOU CRACK ME UP! Nice job! And I think even I'm a bit jealous of that big ol stack of presents in the background! Kinda scary the kids are growing up! Scares me anyway!

Whitney said...

Dang, she is just the cutest little girl. Love that your making beautiful cakes.