Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lake Powell


We took our first ever trip to Lake Powell!  My brother often vacations there with his boat and toy hauler and invited us to camp out with them all week.  Camping in a 5th wheel with a bathroom and kitchen and bed and nearby showers is my kind of camping.  Camping in a tent with no showers and never being free of dirt or sand - not so much.  So we jumped at the opportunity and with the cold windy weather we have been having in Moses Lake, I welcomed the 106 degrees heat with open arms.



We spent most of the time out on the boat and we found out quickly just how much colder the water is in Lake Powell than here in Moses Lake.  Brrr!  But then again, it was 106 degrees, so it felt heavenly.  And the rocks and canyons are just so pretty!  So much exploring to do and cliff jumping!



With much convincing, Caiden jumped off the rock, but I was too slow and only got the aftersplash.  I couldn't convince him to do it again :(

Casey and his skills.....gotta love the look on his face in the wipe out shot.  That's gotta hurt...I don't know how he does it.



This is the extent of my skills...although I'm certain that one time I caught air.  It may not have been visible to the human eye, but I'm certain that for a split second of a split second I was airborne.....And gotta love the look on my dad's face - now, that's some concentration!


And this is what Paige does best - SNACK!  She kills me.  Completely kills me.  It makes me so crazy that she thinks she needs to snack every second of every day.  Did I mention it kills me? But she did do some major rockin out to the music and that was pretty funny....
Tanner found a lizard that became the kids' pet for a while.  They kept it in an empty water bottle and it rode around on the boat with us. 
And Caiden and Lauren were inseparable the whole time.  They had a blast!  Kids never get bored with water and sand around!  Now the sand was pretty dang hot so they took it upon themselves to "water" all of the sand so it wouldn't burn our feet.  Quite a job!  And so funny!  And speaking of funny, on the way home it was evident just how hard he played all week when he slept for over 16 hours.  My boy was tired!

And on the very last day Caiden kneeboarded.  We so tried all week to get him to wakeboard, but to no avail.  But he did kneeboard/bellyboard and I was a super proud mom.

Here's to Lake Powell!  I hope someday we make it back again!

No comments: