Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Marlins


Caiden finished another season of T-Ball with Team Marlins.  ("Like Nemo's dad??")  And he LOVED it.  I don't know if baseball is gonna be his thing, but he sure loved every minute of it and constantly wanted to practice in the backyard, even after an hour long game we'd get home and he'd say "Mom, can we go practice some more?"  So cute.  Some say T-Ball can be a boring sport to watch, but I found it to be quite hilarious at times.  I watched as the coach struggled and struggled to explain things to them and they were completely clueless.  And I watched how at times, it would turn into a football game as they tried to tackle each other to get to the ball.  Most of the kids still had no idea where 1st, 2nd, and 3rd base was and that made things entertaining.  Some of my favorite highlights this season were:

* watching Caiden catch (or pick up off the ground) the ball at first base and instead of touching the base to get the runner out or throwing it to 2nd, or even 3rd, he decided to chase after the runner all the way to 3rd base and personally tag him with the ball.  Classic.

*watching Caiden nearly pee his pants in the middle of a game.  He had to go so bad he was holding himself with his mit and jumping up and down and spinning in circles.  Against his will, I took him out of the game and MADE him go.  He was VERY mad at me and insisted he didn't even have to go.  Yeah, right. But then later that night he said to me "Mom, I was dying in my game"  me- "I know.  Let this be a lesson that mom knows everything."  him- "I know! I know!  That's what they always say in school.  Mom knows best!"  Ha!Ha!

*watching the ball bounce right off his helmet as he ran to first and he hardly noticed.  Also, noticing that he was pretty much the only kid whose head filled up the entire helmet.  What can I say?  He's got big brains!

*and lastly, watching him and another teammate running at full speed towards each other to catch the ball and they completely collided!  Caiden sort of held a grudge against that kid for the rest of the season....




Hmmm....what do I do next?


Goofing around....


Go Marlins!

1 comment:

The Gang said...

I think you and the Wisemans are cosmically connected or something!!