Monday, September 13, 2010

I can CAN!!!


Oh my!  Just what on earth have I turned into????  Take a look at the "fruits of my labor".  Haha, no pun intended.  I actually did all of this!  15 jars of salsa and 42 jars of pears.  Holy moly.  A friend of mine gave me a ton tomatoes and jalepenos from her garden and 15 jars later I had me some canned salsa.  Then, last Monday, Casey and I took the kids and picked 60lbs of pears at a friends orchard.  It took all freakin day long and I was beginning to question what I had gotten myself into, but the end result is so exciting.  Once again, who'd of thunk I'd ever endeavor on such a thing?  Oh, and Casey even helped me can all the pears.  Who'd of thunk that one either??  Yay for us and our pears and salsa...

4 comments:

Anika said...

oh my, my, my, my........

that is a lot of work and makes me tired just looking at it. I'm so impressed. good job, good job.

The Gang said...

Look at you....man before you know it you'll be knitting some little booties for the baby! :) Good Job Kelley!

The Colson's said...

ummmmmmmm...no comment...i'm still getting over the fact that you clip coupons!

Shaila Lou said...

Holy cow, I am so impressed! I've never canned, by myself, besides jam. It's only worth it when you get the goods for free, so good for you and way to go Casey!