Thursday, September 9, 2010

Summer 2010

Here's what we did all summer long.....

Caiden got pretty comfortable on the kneeboard....
....and Paige in the water with Papa...


Fun times at the pool.....

Both kids took swim lessons....Caiden was the smallest and youngest in his class (by far) but he actually kept up with the big kids quite well. I was super impressed....
He was so excited to learn to jump off the diving board with no life jacket and no help in the water...Yay!  He definitely walked away from swim lessons a stronger and more skilled swimmer....

And this girl....

 .....she owes me 25 bucks!!

This is the girl that doesn't liked to be splashed, or put her head under water...just float and twirl in her bright pink floaty.  We did the Mommy and Me class, which was all moms and their kids no older than 18 months, and then there was me and my 4 yr old.  A little awkward. 

I did my best to convince her to try to blow bubbles....


and after 2 weeks this was the best "jump" I could get out of her....

.....could be impressive if the water were more than 6 inches deep.

Oh well.  It's not like I'm trying to raise an Olympic swimmer here.  Maybe next summer....

1 comment:

Shaila Lou said...

You have the most awesome summers! I really miss boating. That's what we always did every summer as well.

Oh my goodness, you had me cracking up over Paige! Poor girl! But so funny all at the same time.