Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's a.....


BOY!!  Today I had my ultrasound and we discovered that we are having a boy!  Casey and Caiden are especially excited and Paige is doing...ok.  She wasn't overly thrilled when I told her it was a boy, but she didn't get too upset either.  I told her she would still help me feed the baby and hold the baby and dress the baby and she said "Can we buy him new shoes?"  Why, sure! Whereas Caiden insisted that he didn't want "two sisters that will bug me forever".  So everyone is excited and I am most happy and thankful that everything and everyone appears to be healthy.  The radiologist still has to review everything in detail and then report it to my doctor, but I'm thinking all is well. 

It is amazing how technology has improved even in the last 5 years.  We sat and watched this baby's thumb go in and out of his mouth.  Already taking after his big brother!  Caiden was also sucking his thumb in his ultrasound.  We got a picture of it but it's not very clear.  Even with the advanced technology, I still sometimes felt like Rachel on Friends as the ultrasound tech. would point out different things like "here's the kidneys" and "here's the stomach" and "here's the bladder" - uh-huh, yeah I see all of that too.  Not!  One thing about this baby is that he is situated very low.  The guy had a hard time getting all of the measurements.  He had me rolling from side to side and I kept feeling the baby kick back when he'd push on my belly.  I kept thinking myself, even before the ultrasound, that this baby felt really low.  All the movements I feel are much lower than I remember in my other 2 pregnancies.  My doctor says the uterus is up where it's supposed to be; this baby just chooses to situate himself very low down.  My bladder is not too appreciative of this.  So hopefully as he gets bigger he'll move himself up a bit. 

Speaking of big, Caiden took one look at the picture and said "whoa! he has a big head!"  I also noticed that, but I'm choosing to overlook it and deny it because the thought of giving birth to one more big-headed baby is just too much for me to handle right now.  So here's to our newest little boy to be!

5 comments:

The Gang said...

Hahahaha....I love Caidens comment! Too Funny. Congrats guys!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Yeah! Congrats on the boy!!

just a mom with a camera said...

yeah! congratulations!!

Anika said...

YAY! a boy! I'm so excited! Congrats!

(btw - that IS my vacuum. and worth every penny. every. although pennies were easier to find when will and I were both working and definitely before kids.......)

Shaila Lou said...

Yay! Another boy! Matt would say that was the perfect family. He says the first is always spoiled, the girl is always spoiled and the baby is always spoiled. He wanted them just in the order you are having them.

Caiden's comment cracks me up about the big head! Good thing you don't have to do much pushing with the third, I'm sure you'll have no problem! Ha!