Saturday, December 18, 2010

Caiden turns 7!!

My boy is 7.  Unbelievable. 

He had quite the party too.  He definitely scored with me being big and fat and tired and pregnant.  I originally did not plan on spending money to rent a place for a party....again.  And I was in no mood to entertain a bunch of kids in a house full of boxes.  (I was trying to implement the we-only-have-big-parties-on-even-years idea, but it was not working).  So I made a deal with Caiden - either we use the money I would normally spend on renting a place for a party or we use the money for actual gifts and have a celebration with just family.  He choose the party idea with no hesitation.

So, this year we had the party at AIM Gymnastic's Center.  It's a little more pricey than some other options, but they set-up, clean-up, chaperone, and it's private.  No one else was there but us and there was no where for the kids to escape to.  And they allow for 20 kids (and Caiden had 18 on his list).  So basically, I was able to sit my fat self down and not have to do a thing and they had a BLAST. 

The main attraction was the new foam pit....and I have to admit - I badly wanted to try it out.  It looked so fun as they launched themselves off the trampoline into the pit.  But I didn't think my unborn baby would have appreciated it....


There was so much for them to do and it really catered to all ages - as we had kids that ranged from 4 to 10.  They were entertained the whole time and I could barely get them to take a break for cupcakes and presents.....


Now, you may wonder what they are doing here.....

....I was a forgetful mom and forgot the candles for the cupcakes!  So one of Caiden's friends suggested they could be the candles and Caiden could blow them down.  I thought that was super creative and fun, so here they are - 7 human candles!

Then time for presents....




He was ecstatic as legos are the ONLY thing on the brain right now.

So here's to you Caiden:

Happy Birthday!

We love you so much and here are my 7 most favorite things about you:

1.  Your big HUGE smile that is almost always planted on your face.
2.  Your an awesome big brother - and it is my single favorite moment of the day to hear you exclaim "Bye Paige!" every morning when I drop you off for school.  I love it.
3.  You are so smart - you love school and you do SO good.
4.  You have been the best helper while mom has been pregnant.  What would I do at the store when I can't bend over and get the things on the bottom shelf?  I don't know.
5.  You are a great friend - you love to play with almost everyone of all ages and kids love to play with you.
6.  You're full of questions - (which sometimes drives me crazy) but better that the wheels are always turning than stuck in the mud.
7.  You're crazy - plain and simple.  And we love it.

No comments: