Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Halloween

For Halloween....

I was able to help out in Caiden's classroom for his Halloween Party.  There were different stations set up where they learned different things about pumpkins.  Everyone thought it was real funny that my belly looked like a pumpkin...haha. 


I even got to eat lunch with Caiden and his friends.  Most of the kids chose bring their food back the classroom and eat with their moms.  But not my little social butterfly Caiden.  He insisted we eat in the cafeteria with all his friends.  I'm sure I looked real cute trying to get in and out of their little lunch tables and sitting amongst all the first graders....but I figure I ought to take advantage of my son actually wanting me to eat lunch with him and hang out with his friends.  It's awfully cute.  However, I was a bit shocked when suddenly they turned out the lights and told the kids they had to be quiet while they ate.  What?  Because they haven't been told that all morning while in class and now they can't take a break and chat with their friends?  Caiden told me they do that almost everyday.  So basically, I thought that was ABSURD and was a bad example and continued to chat with Caiden and his friends.  And I sweetly smiled as the lunch ladies passed by.  :)

Then we went back the classroom and split up in groups and carved pumpkins....



What cute kiddos....

Then for Paige's Halloween Party, she got to wear her Ariel costume to preschool....


THEN, I planned to take my kids out trick-or-treating on Halloween, the 31st of October, just like the rest of the world.  But apparently dumb Moses Lake decided to celebrate it on the 30th, since the 31st was a Sunday.  What's the big deal?  It's a family outing, people!  Yes, I had heard this around town, but figured there'd still be people out on Halloween night.  And as Casey and I had to spend Sat. the 30th at a ward Halloween party, I obviously couldn't take the kids out that night.  But figured no big deal.  There will be trick or treaters on Halloween.  WRONG!  I was so mad.  And I'm still mad at the city for this one.  Can you tell?  Anyway, luckily a few friends of mine were as perturbed as I was so our kids trick-or-treated at their house running from the front door to the back door over and over again until the candy bowl was emptied.  Ariel and Iron Man were happy at last.

from the front door...

to the back door.....

and back to the front.....times about 50.


Oh yeah, and somewhere in the midst of things, we managed to take time to carve pumpkins.  I got lucky this year as one of them is the one from Caiden's class; the little one Caiden actually did all by himself (nice job!); Paige painted one at school; so that only left one for me to carve.  Paige said she wanted a kitty.  And if I do say so myself, I did a freakin amazing job!  Check out that cat!  Meow!

No comments: