Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June?

I'm behind. 

Ugh.

All I have to say is, Paige turns 6 tomorrow.  Holy cow.  

Yesterday I was messing around with Preston and Paige walked in and somehow had the impression someone was in trouble.  (I must be loud.)  
I said "You are!!"  
Paige:  "Why?"
Me: "Because you're turning 6, and you're not supposed to.  You're supposed to stay 5 forever!!!!"
Paige:  (thoughtful....& with sass)  "Well.....you didn't."   

Oh. Okay.

I hope to catch up...soon.  You've not heard about our new kitty.  You know the one I've been wanting to chase away mice and rabbits and skunks and neighboring pitbulls?  Too bad it's BLIND!  

....and HOW have I not posted a pic of my husband sporting an incredibly scary handle-bar mustache???

.....and Paige's sweet and hilarious/slightly embarrassing Mother's Day card she made for me at school.  

.....AND my lovely first-time garden happens to be flourishing!  (I've never used that word before.) 

....and did I ever mention my stolen purse.  Right out of my car.  Right in my very own driveway.

We've much to discuss.  Someday....


Just for the record, right at this very moment, I happen to be ALONE.  I'm never alone.  Paige is at school all day today because it is their Aquatic Center Field trip and Preston is sleeping.  The house is strangely quiet....and clean. I'm not sure what to think.  Do I like it?  Is this how it will really be all next year??


No comments: