Thursday, June 21, 2012

Passing time...

I'm excited as the next kid when summer comes along.  Simply the greatest.

Unfortunately, on the second day of summer I had to report for Jury Duty, where I was selected to be on a trial.  The estimated 2-3 days slowly turned into 4 days, the last day lasting into the late night hours.  My kids missed me.  The pool missed me.  And most of all I think my husband missed me since he was the one who mostly stayed home with them.

And to top it off, right in the middle of my absence Preston came down with the Plague, otherwise known as the dreaded Hand-Foot-Mouth virus that has rapidly spread through town, sentencing us to another 2 weeks of homebound-ness (I may be creating new words here).

I especially felt bad that Caiden and Paige, who are perfectly healthy have to suffer their first couple of weeks of summer...not being able to go anywhere.  So, I made a mental note that I'd make it up to them by pretty much saying "yes" (as much as I could) to everything they asked for for one whole day.  And hearing them say to each other repeatedly (in very surprised and excited tones)  "This is BEST.DAY.EVER!!!" leads me to believe it worked.  Maybe it was the popsicles, cheetos, and coke we had for dinner....or the huge mess they made that I simply turned a blind eye to....I don't know.

So this is how we are passing time - Slip N Slides and Popsicles!


Next week, we hope to finally get out of this house!


2 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

yuck! so sorry. Cooper had that hand-foot-mouth virus once too!! It spread threw our ward once! Well hopefully the rest of your summer runs smoother!!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Oh no seriously he got it, I'm so sorry. Well it then it is still possible for my kiddos to come down with it too. Looks like you still are having fun.