Friday, June 5, 2009

Girls trip!

Over Memorial weekend I went to Spokane and met my mom, sister and sister-in-law there and we had a fabulous girls-only no-kids-no-men weekend. This is the first time we've done this and I plan to make it a tradition and highly recommend it to all moms. It is good for your health. A big thanks to my husband, who when I asked if he loved me enough to let me have a weekend to myself, he said yes. And also to my brother who graciously let us redeem his credit card points for a free hotel. Much appreciated. Some highlights of the trip:
* eating at Outback, Olive Garden, and Azteca. YUM!
* shopping freely without having to chase 2 children down or ask store associates to help me find them.
* going to the movies to see a chick flick
* getting pedicures and manicures
* running at Riverfront park (we only managed this one morning, even though I should have done it everyday with the amount of food I ate.)
* laying out by the pool and reading a book
* cramming into one of those photo booths in the mall. so funny!
* playing the game Twilight
* having my kids and husband tell me they missed me when I got home


At Outback. Can you tell the guy who took the picture was like 8 feet tall?


This was a fun times too. I'm not generally too into pedicures because I don't really like people to touch my feet. I'm ticklish and I tend to involuntary jerk my foot and I feel like the person thinks I'm going to kick them. But I lucked out with a very nice lady.




It was Kim and Rebecca's birthday, so they got to wear the sombrero while the waiters sang Feliz Cumpleanos (I think I spelled that right).


From the pictures, it seems as though the only thing we did was eat at restaurants, but I promised we managed to do many other things as well. Although, eating is one of our favorite things to do.....

3 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

How fun!! I bet you had a blast!! I'm jealous!!

michele said...

How fun!! My sisters and I try to do this once or even twice a year!! We have a blast and we always do a Priceline Hotel in Seattle. Last time we stayed at the Hilton for $40!
I am glad you ate lots of yummy food, treated yourself and had some great girl time!

Shaila Lou said...

Sounds fun and relaxing. What a great tradition to start!!