Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Coupon Info

I have had a lot of people ask me about my grocery shopping success (see post below) and how I do it. Well, it all starts with clipping coupons. I get the daily paper and the Sunday paper and occasionally I print coupons off the internet. Then it is just a matter of pairing coupons with items already on sale, making them really cheap or even free. I use thegrocerygame.com which tracks what each stores sales are for the week (in your area) and what coupons come in your paper (again, in your area) and they basically do the pairing for you. I pretty much just pick and choose the best deals and print it off each week. Of course you can do this on your own just by looking at the ads and what coupons you have, but I don't mind paying a few dollars a month for this service, because it saves me sooo much time and money. Then I also follow a few "coupon" blogs that are just random people posting about good deals and good internet coupons that are out there. (My favorites are the links on the side of my blog). They don't always apply to my area, but they often post good deals on not just groceries, but clothing too. I've been doing this for about a year now and in the beginning it took me a while to get the hang of it, but I've done it long enough now that it really doesn't take me much time at all. I figure I spend no more than 3 or 4 hours a month and I save $300-$400 a month. $100 an hour! Best part time job I've ever had! My grocery bill has been cut in half since I've been doing this and my food storage has nearly doubled. Just in case anyone wanted to know....

4 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

I really need to start doing this, it just intimidates me for some odd reason!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Way to go that is awesome!!

Maria said...

Wow! I heard about your blog from my friend, Michele and just had to check out the $ saving ideas you have! Thanks for sharing...kuddos to you. :)

michele said...

I am clippin'coupons and watching sales! Thanks~!