Thursday, November 12, 2009

6 years ago.....

....this little guy entered our lives on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 2:59 pm, weighing 8 lbs. 9 oz. and 20.5 inches long (a mom doesn't forget these things). And our lives have never been the same since. A happy baby he was and a happy child he still is. We love our Caiden!


I asked Caiden yesterday morning if he felt any older and he said "No. But I think I feel stronger." And that pretty much sums up Caiden - full of funny remarks, the ultimate superhero with super strength, and a limitless imagination.
Caiden,
At 6 years old you....
*are so smart and FULL of questions.
*are learning how to read and spell. The first word you could spell by memory was "batman".
*are the King of Excuses (when it comes to cleaning up). Some of my personal favorites:
- sudden deafness - What??? I can't hear you! I don't know what you're saying!
- "Everything's SO HEAVY!" "I can't lift it up!"
- "My legs hurt....I can't go upstairs."
- "Cleaning makes me so sleepy..."
*think you're allergic to anything you're afraid of (dogs, spiders, bees)
*think you're Uncle Tyler and Aunt Rebecca live in "hannah montana".
*love to show me how you can count to 100 and get mad if I don't pay attention.
*LOVE your friends!
*HATE to clean up!
*are an awesome big brother.
*desperately want a baby brother and often tell others that "mom is having a baby". Thanks, bud.
*LOVE your grandmas and grandpas.
*are NOT shy. You will talk to anyone. You once invited the checkout lady at Walmart to come ride bikes with you.
*LOVE batman, star wars, playing the wii, and riding your bike
*love for mom to share a "thought" with you before you go to bed. And not just any thought but a loooong thought.
*thus, you can also be the King of STALLING!
*think mom knows EVERYTHING. (my favorite!)
*love to "work out" with dad.
*are always SMILING.
And most of all, you make us so happy and always keep us laughing!

2 comments:

Traci said...

What a darling baby....and that smile is insane! He is such a cute boy. Everyday Hunter asks me if it is time to go to Caiden's party. He just can't wait. We sure love Caiden. Thanks for sharing such a cutie with the rest of us!

The Gang said...

What a cutie. Jayda calls it Hannah Montana too. Caiden will never wonder if his mom loves him. :)