Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jasper

(No, not Jasper from Twilight.....Jasper the kitty!!) About a week ago, we babysat a friend's kitty for the week. Meet Jasper. Caiden, Paige, and I fell in love with this kitty. Just look at that face! (Casey did not so much fall in love per say, but he did admit that the cat entertained the kids more than any toy on earth possibly could AND I caught him holding the kitty ONE time!)

Jasper loved Paige's blanket. He mostly lived in the garage but I would let him in for a couple of hours at a time. He just stayed downstairs, but there was one time we could not find him and I went upstairs and he had jumped on Paige's bed and fell asleep on her blanket.

I think it would be fair to say that Paige fell the hardest for the kitty. And a tolerant cat it was. Between both kids constantly wanting to hold him like he was a toy, there was only one scratch to each of them and it was the very last day (and I'm sure it was well deserved).

Paige loved for the kitty to sleep on her, even when the kitty wasn't tired. I caught her a few times with the kitty on her lap and her hand forcing his head down as if willing him to sleep. Needless to say, we had several "talks" on how to treat the kitty kindly. It was a sad day when the kitty went back home. Maybe...just maybe...we'll have a Jasper of our own someday.

No comments: