Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ok, fine....

Well, I've managed to pull myself together a bit and realize that I should take a few pictures to document my little girls hair fiasco. If anything, maybe her story just might save some cute little girl's hair from being carelessly whacked off at Blades on Broadway. (Yes, I am still a little bitter with them). Anyway, I've tried many different styles and this one works so long as she doesn't pull the barret out and jump around too much or do somersaults or really move at all. Yeah, right. You can't really tell here but the sides are a bit shorter than the back and then on top of that one side is even shorter than the other. It's minuscule, but I still notice it and I'm not ready to fix it just yet because that would shorten the overall length even more. Thus, the hair style that works best is to pull both sides in the front up into pigtails. I don't have a picture of it because, let's just say it's her least favorite hairstyle to sit through and so I only do it on school days. At home, I choose not to fight that battle.
The back isn't too bad. I'm just trying to get used to how short it is. I constantly stare at her now and last night at dinner Casey had to tell me to STOP! I can't help it. Also this haircut is a pain because it is not an option any more to let it dry on it's own. Then it's even shorter with random, not cute, waves and curls. It must be blow-dried.

I've done my best to cover up the missing chunk from her bangs. I made them a teensy bit thicker and so long as she's superstill you can't tell....

...but as soon as she moves or the wind blows the missing chunk is exposed. Luckily, she cut the underside of her bangs (I'm still trying to figure out how she managed that). Anyway, I'm getting used to it and I know in a month it will be much better. Caiden has now noticed the haircut and he said to me last night "Whoa, mom! Paige's hair is crazy!" But she has no idea. And that's what matters, right? My mom tried to make me feel better about a bad haircut I had when I was little, but I feel like that can all be blamed on the 80's. There's really no excuse for bad hair today and so for that, my Paigey, I'm sorry. I will never again be cheap and I will pay the full cost of a professional haircut.


2 comments:

Traci said...

Hi Paige, this is Hunter..

Why did you cut your hair? But I like it anyway. I am going to watch Jurassic Park tomorrow. Tell Caiden, What else is cool? Miss you Caiden, I got a trapdoor spider book, it is really cool and I want you to come up here and read it with me, but it is a library book. Also, I got to lunch at school now, if I miss it, then I will be hungry. Also, Caiden, me and my friend at school were looking for spiders and centipedes. Don't pick them up, they have fangs on the bottom. When did you play in the leaves, bye Caiden. oh, ps. is it nighttime there or summer, because it is nighttime here. Bye Caiden!

I love how he actually talks to the computer and thinks you can hear. It is totally sweet! Oh, he misses your family. We love you all!

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

I think it's really cute. Then again, I like shorter hair on little girls. I thought you were totally exagerating until I saw the last picture. Elizabeth has cut her hair TWICE now. Once just recently. I was much less upset the 2nd time. Even though the damage was worse. These probably aren't encouraging words though. Paige is so stinkin' cute, bang chunk missing or not.