Sunday, March 7, 2010

Traumatizing Weekend

For the past two days I have been lamenting and grieving over the loss of something very dear to me....my daughter's hair. I took Paige in on Saturday to have her hair trimmed and they butchered my little girl's hair! Oh, it pains me to even say those words! I can't even believe it! I told them I wanted it to be about chin length, right below the jaw line and it is nearly up to her ears!! I curse Blades on Broadway and their incompetence and carelessness!!!!! I had to sit in front of her to keep her still and couldn't see the back. By the time I noticed what the girl had done it was too late. I seriously cried on the way home and have shed many tears over it. And to top it off she missed a few spots and it was crooked! So when we got home I had to trim a few left over long pieces of hair. THEN, as if things couldn't get any worse, today Paige found the scissors and clipped another chunk out of her bangs. Now I am cursing the incompetence and carelessness of myself!! How could I have forgotten to put away the scissors??? I left them on her bathroom sink. I am just kicking myself. The only redeeming grace in the whole situation is that she has no idea of her new outer appearance and thankfully Caiden has inherited his dad's lack of observance and hasn't noticed her new short do' either (he'll probably notice in a few weeks). As for Casey, he's too kind to make me feel any worse, but he's completely aware of just how awful it is. I'm seriously so sad over it and still in a little bit in shock too. And I feel completely stressed as well. I can't stop thinking about and that will probably cause me to get a cold sore and then we'll really be one cute mother and daughter pair. I know it's just hair and it will grow back, but somehow that doesn't make me feel any better. I don't have a picture of it as yet. Do I really want to post one? Oh, I'm just so sad. I'm so sorry Paige.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh man that stinks. But yes you do need to post a picture. I am dying to see it!!!! I know what you are going through,maelie got her hair trimmed and moved In the middle and had no bangs. I was sad too!!!

Ty said...

Oh Kelly I know your pain. Ella took the biggest chunck out of hair over a year ago and it's still growing out, I guess she did cut it to the scalp. But I'm thinking you better post those pics. One day you will look back and laugh, maybe not till she is married, but still you need the proof.

Church Fam said...

Sorry last post by Tiffany not Ty, forgot to log out.

The Colson's said...

I'm sorry K...I won't take Caleb to any of those kiddo haircutting places just for that reason...i'll grow his hair down to his knees before I EVER do!!! I do want to see those pics...i'm sure it's not that bad!!! Paige is ADORABLE no matter what her hair looks like!!!

The Gang said...

Picture, Picture, Picture! Awww...that sucks though. I'm sure she still looks cute but have to see pictures to verify. :) And I have no horror stories of my own to help you feel better. Sorry.

just a mom with a camera said...

good thing paige is so cute, she could probably pull off a bad haircut!