Monday, September 19, 2011

Trip to Grandma's

After stopping in Utah to spend time with my sister and her new baby, we then headed over to spend time at my parents home in Pagosa Springs.  Casey flew in too.  We had a grand ole time.  Babysitters a-plenty (grandma + 3 nieces) we actually got to get away for a bit and hit some golf balls.  Now, my last (and only) golfing experience was when Casey and I were dating and we spent the weekend in Salt Lake with my sister and her husband.  Let's just say somehow I managed to get SMACKED in the head by a golf ball.  Did I mention this was just minature golfing?  I'm seriously talented.

I can happily report that I did not get hit in the head this time, but as you can see the talent continues.  Look closely at the second picture.  I've clearly swung....and yet the ball remains on the ground.  Talent.  That confirms what I've always known....I'm just not good at sports that involve balls.  (And you may take that however you'd like :)

Moving on....we mostly just chilled and took it easy all week.  I read an entire book while I was there, The Help.  (So GREAT!!)  I can't say I've been reading much lately.  Too much housework.  Dang housework. 

 One day we did take the kids down to the river for a bit...

Preston wasn't so sure about the ice cold water :)  Oh, I should mention that he decided to cut the top FOUR teeth during the week we were here.  I mean really, what baby gets 4 teeth at one time???  Poor thing.  That makes him just 6 1/2  months old with 6 teeth.  Fun times.

1 comment:

Anika said...

{hehehe} sports and balls. {snort, snort}

:D

fun, fun, fun pics..................