Thursday, September 29, 2011

Operation DE-GRANDMA-FY has BEGUN!

Okay, so we've been in this house nearly one year (holy moly is that right????)  I'm suddenly embarassed now that I haven't started on this process sooner.....

Anyway, a sweet little old lady and her hubby were the only occupants this home had ever seen.  So while incredibly clean and well-maintained, the color scheme is a bit.....how should I put it?....DREADFUL!  Her two favorite colors were teal and peach, which I like to call Ugly and Uglier, and they are EVERYWHERE throughout the house.  Especially the teal.  The lighting fixtures are literally sponge-painted TEAL for crying out loud, not to mention the walls are a horrifying peachy pink color.  Then the carpet ranges in colors blue, pink, and green.  Oh yeah, and there's carpet in the bathrooms.  Bathrooms!!  I mean, who does this???  Only old people!

SO....now that school is back in session and I have a bit more time on my hands I am planning to do some serious Extreme Home Makeover this winter.  It's going to be fabulous!!  HGTV just might want to hire me when I'm done.  First things first, the FRONT DOOR.  Yep.  It's teal too.  

The Hideous "BEFORE"....  

And now the Stunning "AFTER".  I love it!!  Don't you love it?????


Next up, we are painting the outside of the house.  Nothing wrong with the color there (well except the trim.  It's teal too. Ugh.)  But the siding in some spots needs touch ups, so that's next on the list before winter comes.  By the way, if there's anyone out there just dying to work a paintbrush, come on over!  You are very welcome here!

Then, when that's done, and the weather starts to get cold and I go into hibernate mode, the inside of the house will be getting some serious attention.  I can not WAIT!  

(Is anyone still reading this post?)

3 comments:

Traci said...

LOVE the door! I always love reading your funny posts. You have such a great sense of humor! Thanks for all your sweetness and support! Eliza will be stoked that you commented on her posts. Keep up the DYI girl!

The Colson's said...

Sooooooooo, I'm going to guess that you don't like teal?? OR I shouldn't send you a teal housewarming gift?? You know you just set yourself up now!!! BTW Caleb just saw Caiden's picture and asked if he could come over and play with him!!! I wish he could!!!!
I MISS YOU!!! We're LOVIN the deep south!!!!

Kimberly said...

Love the red door! What color is the house gonna be?