Monday, September 19, 2011

Why you want to leeeeeave me????

Anyone know what movie that's from?  Well, it pretty much sums up how I felt this first day of school.  Two children in elementary school, one in kindergarten, one in second grade.  Both so excited.....to leave me.  Tear :(


Okay, maybe they were excited for school itself.  First....Caiden. 

What a little stud.  This year he was a bit less excited and bit more nervous than usual as he is at a new school this year and knows very few kids.  Two to be exact.  But Caiden is a happy-go-lucky kid.  He makes friends in less than a second.  When I picked him up and asked how it was he said "Best.First.Day.Ever." (haha!) Then he told me about a kid he played with at recess.  What's his name?  "Uh....I don't know.  But he had on a Transformer shirt."  Well, that explains it.  "And guess what? There's a kid who's SMALLER than me in my class!"  Sweet!

And then Paige.....

Honestly, I think she was most excited to wear her new school clothes and shoes and use her new backpack and get her hair done "reeeeeeally curly!"  The day before there were a couple of times I truly thought she was going to spontaneously combust from PURE excitement.  She kept asking me if it was time to go to bed yet.  Then the morning of, she was so excited to get dressed and have me braid and curl her hair.  Then on the way to school, I looked back at both of them as we made the last turn and said "are you getting excited?" and Paige exclaimed "I love my HAIR!".  I about crashed and died laughing.

Once in the classroom, the nerves set in a bit.  But not too much.  She was off playing and scoping things out and paid no attention to me leaving.  My little girl is in kindergarten. 

Later when I picked her up, she was all smiles from ear to ear.  Then she opened her backpack....."but....I didn't even get any homework?"  Oh, the disappointment. 

So it's just me and Preston now.  Everyone left us.  Real cool.



2 comments:

Korbi said...

It is seriously like the saddest thing ever huh? I have such mixed feelings about the whole thing :(

Meg said...

Your kids are adorable Kell!!! They remind me so much of them!