Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Silverwood Theme Park

The summer seemed to start so late for me as the kids didn't get out of school until the17th of June and the temperatures never seemed to get out of the low 80's.  As I mentioned before, we spent ALOT of time out in the yard.  Those "after" pictures I promised...um...it might have to wait a bit. 

But we did manage to have lots of fun over the summer.  Because that's what we do.  We have fun.  Fun is good for the soul. 

Of course we spent time at the pool, as usual.  But not as much because of the cool weather.  It's no fun to be at the pool when you're cold.  It's not natural and it's not right.  Do I have pictures? No. Why? I could never remember to bring the camera.  Ah well.

BUT we did decide to spend one very fun day at Silverwood Theme Park with our good friends, the Wiseman family.  Most of the kids got free passes from their teachers during the school year for meeting their reading goals, so a cheap trip it was :) 


Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE roller coasters?  AND water slides?  Seriously, I may have been the most excited one there. 

We spent the morning in the amusement park riding rides.  Caiden rode Tremors along with the rest of the Wiseman boys (not exactly knowing what they were in store for).  I sat out with Paige.  She nearly had a heart attack on a mild boat ride prior to this, so I figured she might not like Tremors so much.  But the rest of the boys made it through with no tears....possibly because they were too stunned to cry, ha.  I was quite impressed.  Could we get them to ride any other roller coasters?  Not so much.  But they had fun on the rest of the kid rides.....dumbo, helicopters, bumperboats....





I wish I had a picture of the most insane ride I've EVER been on.  The After Shock.  CA-RAZY!!!!  First of all it's one of those rides where your feet dangle and you're hooked to the track from above.  It starts by pulling you backwards up into the air 170 feet so your staring at the concrete and praying the simple harness that holds you in doesn't decide to malfunction.  Then....it suddenly drops you and you are going 500 mph (or something like 65 mph, but it FEELS like 500) all over the place, upside down, spinning and twirling, screaming and praying and then you are shot up into the air and it STOPS....170 feet high and this time your staring straight into the sky wondering what in the HELLS BELLS you're doing on this insane ride and THEN....it drops you again and you do it all over again....backwards, ending up in the original starting position 170 feet in the air staring at the concrete below. Yup.  By the time I was done, I was crying (I didn't even remember starting but apparently I did because I had tears rolling down my face) and all my muscles were instantly sore from being so tense and wrapping my arms around the harness so tight, holding on for DEAR LIFE.  Loved it.  So much fun.  Totally doing it again.


 Then we headed over to the the water park, Boulder Beach.  But unfortunately it was not the warmest day, and then add wind to that.  Kinda disappointing.  We stood in line for one water slide, Avalanche Mountain, (Caiden was so scared for some reason, and Paige was not at all - Just when I think I can predict their behavior they change it all up on me :)  As we stood there with teeth chattering and bodies shivering hoping that the water down the water slide was heated - maybe? - we decided maybe it was a bit too cold for the water park.  Poo.  I do so love the water slides.  But the kids had SO much fun in the wave pool and such - despite the cold. 

Here's Paige and Adam.  I really hope they get married some day.


Fun, fun day.  I think maybe we'll do it again...:)

1 comment:

Kevin and Eliza said...

How fun! Too bad it wasn't a warmer summer.