Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ode to my husband

Today is Casey's 31st birthday and therefore deserves a post dedicated to just him. I'm sure this is not at the top of his list, but being married to a blogging girl, he gets it anyway. Today we planned to go skiing but instead he had to go into work and so that has been delayed a few days. So I had the bright idea to wake up before him and make him breakfast, something he rarely gets from me....actually never gets from me. (I know, I'm a terrible wife. But let's face it, he didn't exactly marry me for my gourmet cooking skills or my cheery morning attitude.) However, I feared I would not wake up in time, and so I had to let him know last night "I love you so much that I'm going to get up and make you breakfast before work, but please, if you could, wake me." And to my complete astonishment, I woke up all by myself! Yay for me! So here's to wishing my awesome, hardworking, tolerant, and very patient husband a very happy birthday!

3 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

Happy Birthday Casey!!!!

The Gang said...

Haha! Good Job Kelley. If not cooking or sunshinyness then it must be your looks! Happy Birthday Casey.

Anika said...

LOL! I love that you asked him to wake you, that is the best! :)