Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This year we spent Thanksgiving at my brother's home in Montana. Caiden and Paige had a great time with their cousins and Grandma and Grandpa...




Rebecca and Mom slaved away Thanksgiving day. I helped make a few easy dips and whatnot. Oh, and I helped set the table. But really, when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner, Kim and I aren't really involved in the yummy dishes. We leave that to the pros. Did I mention I'm so thankful for a mom and sister-in-law who know their way around the kitchen????? Well, I AM!!! I REALLY, REALLY AM!!!




Black Friday was certainly a SUCCESS! We (me, mom, Kim, Rebecca) all got up at 4:30 am!!! I don't believe I've ever seen my clock read "4:30 am" before, but shopping just might be the only thing that could get me out of bed that early. I considered this year to be my first official year of truly living out Black Friday to the fullest extent. (Last year I did get up early but when you only have one store to shop at, that being Walmart, there's not too much stress involved.) However, in Missoula, there were tons of stores to choose from, all of which had awesome deals. So how do you hit them all? Well, the night before we all planned out a route starting from most important gifts to least important gifts. Plus I learned it is all about TEAMWORK! First everyone MUST have a cell phone. Then, it helps to have a dropper-offer (someone who lets everyone out at the front of the store and then attempts to find a parking spot...thanks Rebecca) and someone who holds a place in line while the others shop. We literally shopped till we dropped. 16 hours later, we finally called it quits. This is definitely a first for me to be DONE with Christmas shopping this early. I love it!

And afterwards we had a mad wrapping party.....Speaking of "rapping" checkout the video below of the kids rockin out to Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer" with Kim on the drums and Kelley on guitar. We love our Guitar Hero!

1 comment:

Traci said...

There are definite {BLACK friday}rules! You've got them down. It makes it so much fun when you are with others as crazy as you. My sis and I are two peas in a pod. It def. is about the teamwork! You look a ton better than we did after our all day stunt. My sis and look dead! I still have so much wrapping to do.....great feelings though, all good!